Welcome to my collection. If you are on a PC or a tablet, on the right you will see a list of all my houses. Click on each one to see pictures. The latest pictures are first and then older pics will follow.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

1985 Lundby Stockholm




When I spotted this house on eBay I decided it would be a good place to house some extra furniture, and as the decor is rather plain, it would give me an opportunity to play with wallpapers without covering over anything special.

 Upcycled Lundby curtains with Kaffe Fassett fabric.


The computer is not a Lundby.  It actually belongs to a Smurf!


I love this paper that I used for wallpaper.  It seemed too much to use it all the way to the ceiling, though. It has a wood grain.  The chairs are the new ones  from Arne Jacobsen.  They are smaller than the original ones.

The kitchen is a Lisa of Denmark kitchen. The fridge was missing the upper door, so made one from a piece of wood.  Curtains are upcycled Lundby with Kaffe Fassett fabric again.


One of the reasons I bought this dollhouse was that it came with a few pieces of furniture.  The Arne Jacobsen egg chair and stool were among them.  They need a bit of work, but I think I can repair the scuffed areas if I find the right shade of flocking powder.


No Lundby is complete without a naked man in the shower!


Children's room.


I have since moved the grill to the rooftop garden.  The grill came with the dollhouse, but needed some work.



The rooftop garden.




The carpet is home-made, it's supposed to be a copy of an Ege rya rug (acrylic paint on black felt).



Granny is making sure dad is doing his chores.


1:18 scale diecast cars are a bit on the small side, but they look a bit cooler than the Lundby car.




If you have any questions please ask - I do remember where I got most of the things from!

11 comments:

  1. Can't believe nobody has commented on this. It's absolutely gorgeous! Hard to pick a favourite room but the living/diningroom is SO funky. I love it! The VW Beetle in the garage is a lovely touch.You are a very talented designer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It depends where you are located, in the USA eBay is probably your best option.

      Delete
    2. I may be selling mine soon. It is 3 levels with some modifications. You can contact me at francesca5630@hotmail.com. I’m in California USA

      Delete
  3. Where did you buy the harvest garland? And the master bedroom set?? Would love the dimensions of the bed and nighstands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the garland on eBay, and they have also had it at Factory Direct Crafts, but I can't seem to find the exact same one either place anymore. Factory Direct Crafts has one that's all orange. The bed is from Lundby from the 70s. The part with the nightstands is all one piece that's about 7½" wide and the bed is about 5" long.

      Delete
  4. This is all so wonderful bravo ❤️👏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find your naked man? I need one for my Lundby shower thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a part of a set sold as merely doll's house family, they are quite common in Scandinavia as a cheaper alternative to the Lundby brand dolls, sold from around 1970s. If you see my post on Dolls he is no. 4 from the left and the matching woman is no. 5, and you can also see them in my 1975 Lisa house. Both the man and woman look more realistic naked than the Lundby dolls. Where are you based? They sometimes turn up on Tradera.

      Delete