Welcome to my collection. If you are on a PC or a tablet, on the right you will see a list of all my houses. Click on each one to see pictures. The latest pictures are first and then older pics will follow.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

1960s Lundby

I wanted an older Lundby for some of my oldest furniture, and I spotted this one for sale in Sweden.  Shipping cost more than the house, and it needed a bit of TLC, but I love it!  The original wallpapers are fantastic!

Before:
After:
I used colored pencils and was able to recreate most of the design of the living room wallpaper which had somehow been rubbed off by a previous owner.



I recently decided to install lights, but I could not get the electricity to work, and also there were not enough places to plug in lights, so I came up with another solution










Previous pictures:














Older pictures:


 Living room.  The throw is hand-crocheted by an Etsy artist!


Alternative setup:



 I've changed the bedroom a bit, it now looks like this:



Entrance and bathroom





I was so excited to find the Danish salt and sugar crocks on Etsy.  And the bread slicer is vintage Tekno.

I hung the right wall cabinet using two magnets.  There was already a glue spot where large cabinet went, but I didn't want to damage the wallpaper on the right.  On the back of the wall I have a mirror to hide the magnet.

6 comments:

  1. Great job on fixing the wallpaper with colored pencils. Love your rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic collection and images. I'm going to enjoy reading through your blog posts and pictures. I found your site as a result of a search for Traing Spot-On Jenny's Home dolls from the 1960's. I believe you have some shown with your 1957 Lundby. I have two of the blonde version doll. They are very rare in the US. Where did you find yours? And I never see the parents. Are they part of your original childhood collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found your way here, Wendy. The Jenny's Home dolls are not easy to find and it took me a while to find the parents, but by now I have a few of each and the mother in both blonde and brunette. Your best bet is checking eBay.co.uk regularly, which is where I found most of mine. If you are patient they will turn up eventually!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your help, Anne, and your great blog!

      Delete